So my parents let me go on a 2 week vacation to the east coast with my cousins! This is an email my mom sent me after she purchased my flight ticket :D
Kayla,Thank you so much for being such a wonderful daughter to us. As an appreciation to your hard study in school and all that you have done around to house you deserve to go and explore couple states this summer. Have a wonderful vacation with your cousin but be safe.Please keep this flight confirmation for your reference.Luv,Mommy & Daddy
- mom: Don't "ay nako mija" me!
- me: you just mixed spanish and tagalog!
- *both laughs
- looking at an old picture and says
- mom: why are you looking up at me?
- me: i love that picture! I like how i'm looking up at you
- mom: do you like your outfit? i dressed you up because we were heading to a party
- me: you always dressed me up!
- mom: i dressed you up until you could dress yourself. Now that you can dress yourself you don't dress nice.
- me: yeah i know...wait what?!
- : )
She was being very hypocritical today haha. I don’t want to complain, but i’m writing this down for the books. She asks me to do a pile of laundry in her room so I went to go get it. When I got back downstairs, she yells out to me to wash the dishes and then for my brother Kevin to rinse them. I reply saying Kevin was fully capable of washing and rinsing dishes and for her to stop babying my brothers. She responds with a NO! I asked you to come and wash while Kevin rinse. Then she changed it to saying Kevin washes and rinses and I will wipe the dishes dry. I was already in the laundry room doing laundry,which I didn’t mind at all. It only bothered me that she would ask me to also do the dishes after I do the laundry when my brother is fully capable of doing it himself without me and because he was in the same room as her.
This is the part where she is hypocritical. She is always telling my brothers that they do not appreciate me as a big sister and that they never offer to help me around the house. But, here she is, calling out to me to do dishes when I’m already doing something, and my brother is watching tv. Oh, Mom.